This is an official version.
Copyright © 2009: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Resources and Allowances Rules
Under the authority of section 64 of the House of Assembly Accountability, Integrity and Administration Act, the House of Assembly Management Commission makes the following Rules.
SNL2007 cH-10.1 Schedule as amended
1. (1) Paragraph 20(8)(c) of the Members' Resources and Allowances Rules is repealed and the following substituted:
(c) where accommodation referred to in paragraph (b) cannot be obtained, the member shall decide in which community his or her office will be located and the member shall obtain in that community commercial office accommodation in accordance with the tender processes for leasing space under the Public Tender Act.
(2) Subsection 20(9) of the Rules is repealed and the following substituted:
(9) A tender for accommodation under paragraph (8)(c) shall stipulate that the lease shall be terminable at or before the expected date of the next general election.
(3) Section 20 of the Rules is amended by adding immediately after subsection (9) the following:
(9.1) Proposal documentation submitted by a landlord responding to a tender made under paragraph (8)(c) shall include the total monthly cost, including utilities, taxes, insurance, security, janitorial services, signage and snow-clearing.
(4) Subsection 20(10) of the Rules is repealed and the following substituted:
(10) A lease contract for office accommodation acquired under this section shall be prepared between "Her Majesty in Queen in Right of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador, represented here by the Honourable the Speaker of the House of Assembly" and the owner of the office space and the cost of that preparation shall, unless stipulated otherwise by the speaker in exceptional cases, be paid directly by the House of Assembly in accordance with the approved office lease.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer