This is an official version.
Copyright © 2009: Queens Printer,
Under the authority of sections 58, 59 and 60 of the Lands Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following Regulations.
2. In these regulations
(a) "special management area" means the Main River Special Management Area;
(b) "structure" means an artificial construction intended to be permanent or semi-permanent in nature and includes a
(ix) mobile home,
(xi) tent platform, and
Maintenance of the ecological and viewshed integrity of the special management area so as to maintain the natural and recreational values of the
5. (1) Crown lands and public land, as defined in the Lands Act , shall not be conveyed, leased or licensed within the special management area without the prior consent of the minister responsible for the special management area.
Where the minister responsible for a special management area is the minister responsible for the Lands Act
, the consent of the minister personally is required for a conveyance, lease or licence of public land located within the special management area.
(2) The construction of forest access roads within the special management area shall be in accordance with the relevant forest management plan approved by the minister responsible for forest resources.
Motor vehicles prohibited
A person shall not operate a motor vehicle in the special management area unless
(a) that person is an authorized government employee in the course of his or her duties;
(b) the motor vehicle is lawfully being operated on a provincial highway that intersects the special management area;
(c) the motor vehicle is lawfully being operated on a roadway or other highway that has been designated by the minister for that purpose;
(d) the motor vehicle is operated in a part of the special management area designated by the minister for that purpose; or
ATV trails & use
9. (1) A person shall not operate an all-terrain vehicle as defined in the Motorized Snow Vehicle and All-Terrain Vehicles Act within the special management area except:
(a) an authorized government employee in the course of his or her duties;
a person who has obtained a written permit from the minister.
10. (1) A person shall not conduct scientific research in the special management area unless he or she has obtained a written permit to do so from the minister.
(2) Permits may be obtained from the minister upon submission of a written request fully outlining and detailing the research project, and subject to the terms and conditions that the minister may determine.
Hunting and fishing permitted
(1) Hunting in accordance with the Wild Life Act
or the Migratory Birds Convention Act
Fishing or angling in accordance with the Wild Life Act
or the Fisheries Act
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer