This is an official version.
Copyright © 2016: Queens Printer,
RSNL1990 CHAPTER P-1
PARLIAMENTARY ASSISTANT ACT
2016 c9 ss1 & 2
AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF A PARLIAMENTARY ASSISTANT TO THE PREMIER
1. This Act may be cited as the Parliamentary Assistant Act.
Appointment of Parliamentary Assistant
2. The Lieutenant-Governor in Council may appoint a member of the House of Assembly to be Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier.
3. (1) A Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier holds office during pleasure.
(2) A Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier stops holding office when he or she stops being a member of the House of Assembly.
4. A Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier shall assist the Premier in the manner that the Premier directs.
5. Except as provided for in section 6, no remuneration is payable to a Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier by virtue of holding that office.
6. (1) A Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier shall be paid the expenses actually and reasonably incurred by him or her in carrying out his or her duties.
(2) The expenses referred to in subsection (1) shall be paid by the Minister of Finance out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund.