House of Assembly
2nd Session – 47th General Assembly
Thursday, November 28, 2013
(a) Statements by Members
(b) Statements by Ministers
(c) Oral Questions
(d) Presenting Reports by Standing and Select Committees
(e) Tabling of Documents
(f) Notices of Motion
(g) Answers to questions for which notice has been given
ORDERS OF THE DAY
1. − Address in Reply
2. – Committee of the Whole on Ways and Means
(a) Resolution and Bill No. 24 Respecting the Loan and Guarantee Act, 1957”.
Third Reading Bills
3. – Third Reading of a Bill − “An Act To Amend The Highway Traffic Act No. 2”. (Bill No. 13)
4. – Third Reading of a Bill − “An Act To Repeal The Health Care Association Act”. (Bill No. 26)
(Health and Community Services)
Second Reading Bills
5. – Second Reading of a Bill − “An Act To Amend The Provincial Court Act, 1991”. (Bill No. 16)
6. – Second Reading of a Bill − “An Act To Amend The Labour Standards Act”. (Bill No. 17)
7. – Second Reading of a Bill − “An Act To Amend The Municipal Elections Act”. (Bill No. 18)
(Municipal and Intergovernmental Affairs)
8. – Second Reading of a Bill − “An Act To Amend The City of Corner Brook Act, the City of Mount Pearl Act, the City of St. John’s Act and the Municipalities Act, 1999”. (Bill No. 20) (Municipal and Intergovernmental Affairs)
9. – Second Reading of a Bill − “An Act To Amend The Insurance Adjusters, Agents and Brokers Act”. (Bill No. 21)
1. − THE HONOURABLE THE MINISTER OF CHILD, YOUTH AND FAMILY SERVICES – To ask leave to introduce a Bill entitled, “An Act Respecting Adoptions”. (Bill No. 27)
2. − THE HONOURABLE THE GOVERNMENT HOUSE LEADER – To Move pursuant to Standing Order 11 that the House not adjourn at 5:30 o’clock p.m. on Thursday, November 28, 2013.
3. − THE HONOURABLE THE GOVERNMENT HOUSE LEADER – To Move pursuant to Standing Order 11 that the House not adjourn at 10:00 o’clock p.m. on Thursday, November 28, 2013.
37. − MR. CHRISTOPHER MITCHELMORE (The Straits – White Bay North) – To ask the Minister of Innovation, Business and Rural Development to lay on the Table of the House the following information:
(a) an update on the Provincial Government’s 5 year “Taking Flight: An Air Access Strategy” which aimed to enhance air access to, from and within Newfoundland and Labrador;
(b) supporting documentation of action taken to proactively promote Newfoundland and Labrador to the airline industry; this will entail discussions with airlines to increase awareness of the competitive advantages of the province’s airports;
(c) details of dedicated human resources put in place to provide a more focused and coordinated approach to air service development in Newfoundland and Labrador, as promised in this 5-year strategy and
(d) dates of meetings and reports, presentations, research material, undertaken by those involved with the Air Access Strategy since its launch in 2010.
38. − MR. DALE KIRBY (St. John’s North) – To ask the Minister of Education to lay on the Table of the House the following information:
(a) a list of requests for capital expenditure funding made since December 31, 2012 for the purposes of building, expanding, improving, or replacing K-12 school facilities and
(b) the framework used to prioritize any requests for capital expenditure funding for K-12 schools, including any discussions, consultations, and recommendations regarding the matter.
Published under the authority of the Speaker of the
House of Assembly by the Queen’s Printer