This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 1996
of Fisheries and Aquaculture Notice
(Filed July 10, 1996)
Under the authority of section 5 of the Executive Council Act, the Clerk of the Executive Council gives the following Notice.
Malcolm Rowe Clerk of the Executive Council
1. Short title
3. Department created
4. Powers and duties of the minister
1. This Notice may be cited as the Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture Notice.
2. In this Notice
(a) "department" means the Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture; and
(b) "minister" means the Minister of Fisheries and Aquaculture.
3. (1) The department is created by Order in Council 96‑307 and is presided over by the minister.
(2) The department has 2 divisions, as follows:
(a) Fisheries; and
Powers and duties of the minister
4. The powers, functions and duties of the minister include the supervision, control and direction of all matters relating to
(a) the promotion, development, encouragement, protection, conservation and regulation of fisheries and aquaculture; and
(b) the administration of the Acts set out in the Schedule and of all orders and regulations passed or made under those Acts, including those powers, functions or duties necessary or desirable for carrying out the purpose of those Acts,
which are not, or in so far as they are not, the responsibility of another minister, agency, body, corporation, board, organization or person.
1. Aquaculture Act
2. Fish Inspection Act
3. Fisheries Act
4. Fisheries Loan Act
5. Fisheries Restructuring Act
6. Fishery Products International Limited Act
7. Professional Fish Harvesters Act
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer