This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 1996
Standards Regulations (Amendment)
Under the authority of section 28 of the Labour Standards Act, the Lieutenant‑Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. S.8 R&S
2. S.9 Amdt.
1. Section 8 of the Labour Standards Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
8. (1) Effective September 1, 1996, every employer shall pay to every employee, 16 years of age and over, a wage rate of not less than $5.00 per hour.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection 8(1), effective
2. Subsection 9(1) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
9. (1) For the purpose of section 25 of the Act, effective September 1, 1996, overtime wages shall be paid at a rate of not less than $7.50.
(1.1) Notwithstanding subsection (1), effective April 1, 1997, overtime wages shall be paid at a rate of not less than $7.89 per hour.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer