This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 1997
(Filed May 14, 1997)
Under the authority of section 4 of the Provincial Parks Act, the Lieutenant‑Governor in Council proclaims the area described in the Schedule to be a provincial park.
Proclamation re: Fitzgerald's
All that piece or parcel of land situate and being on the southern limit of the Argentia Access Road, at Fitzgerald's Pond, in the Electoral District of Placentia‑St. Mary's and Bellevue, abutted and bounded as follows, that is to say:
Beginning at a point that point being a brass plaque cemented in rock having co‑ordinates of north 5 242 091.83 metres and east 248 365.95 metres, that point being distant 2100.95 metres as measured on a bearing of south 22° 04' 17" east from Control Monument No. 82310;
Then running by Crown land north 55° 30' 13" east 1834.34 metres;
Then north 58° 12' 51" east 2337.62 metres;
Then north 1° 17' 40" west 1131.63 metres;
Then running along the southern limit of the Argentia Access Road, 30 metres wide, extending between the Trans Canada Highway and Dunville in a general westerly direction to a point having scaled co‑ordinates of north 5 245 410 metres and east 251 899 metres;
Then running along the sinuosities of the shoreline of Fitzgerald's Pond at low water to a point on the northwesterly shoreline of that point to a point having scaled co‑ordinates of north 5 244 431 metres and east 249 616 metres;
Then running in a northwesterly
direction to a point on the southerly limit of the
Then running along the southerly limit of the Access Road to an iron pin having co‑ordinates of north 5 242 707.04 metres and east 247 355.78 metres;
Then running by Crown land south 58° 39' 45" east 1182.70 metres, more or less, to the point of beginning and containing an area of 613 hectares, more or less.
All bearings being referred to the meridian of 53° west longitude of the 3° Transverse Mercator Projection.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer