This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 1997
Wild Life Regulations (Amendment)
(Filed June 18, 1997)
Under the authority of section 7 of the Wild Life Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
and 4.2 Added
1. (1) Section 2 of the Wild Life Regulations is amended by adding immediately after paragraph (d) the following:
(d.1) "conservation licence" means a one week, one tag licence as prescribed by the minister;
(2) Section 2 of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after paragraph (p) the following:
(p.1) "river specific inland fishery licence" means an inland fishery licence issued by the minister for an area designated under section 4.1;
2. The regulations are amended by adding immediately after section 4 the following:
River specific inland fishery licence
4.1 The minister may, by order, designate an area of the province for which a river specific inland fishery licence may be issued, subject to the terms and conditions that the minister may prescribe.
4.2 The minister may issue a conservation licence in addition to other licences referred to in this Part for the summer angling season.
3. The regulations are amended by adding immediately after section 5 the following:
5.1 Notwithstanding section 5, a person may apply for, be issued with or hold one river specific inland fishery licence in any season for each area designated by the minister under section 4.1 together with another licence issued under this Part.
4. The regulations are amended by adding immediately after section 9 the following:
9.1 The fall fishing season as prescribed shall be a separate angling season and shall require a separate licence.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer