This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 1998
Fish Inspection Regulations (Amendment)
(Filed July 20, 1998)
Under the authority of section 4 of the Fish Inspection Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. Section 18 of the Fish Inspection Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
18. A person shall not process shellfish, except shrimp and squid, that are not alive.
2. Subsection 19(2) of the regulations is repealed.
3. Section 26 of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
Storage before processing
26. (1) Unprocessed fish that is
(a) on board a vessel;
(b) being transported; or
(c) awaiting processing,
(d) iced or chilled in a manner so as to maintain the temperature of the fish between 0 degrees Celsius and 4 degrees Celsius;
(e) kept in an enclosure or area of containment in which the relative humidity is greater than 75%;
(f) protected from physical damage, contamination and weather at all times; and
(g) stowed in a container so that the depth of fish and ice does not exceed 90 centimetres but in any event so that the minimum distance between the fish and ice and the top of the container is 4 centimetres.
(2) A container referred to in paragraph (1)(g) may be placed on top of another container provided no pressure is, as a result, exerted on fish in the container on which it is placed.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer