This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 1999
Open Season Big Game Polar Bear Hunting Order,
(Filed January 27, 1999)
Under the authority of sections 39 and 114 of the Wild Life Regulations and the Wild Life Act, I make the following Order.
1. Short title
3. Open season
4. Bag limit
5. Shooting only
6. Bears in den
7. Bears with transmitters, etc.
1. This Order may be cited as the Open Season Big Game Polar Bear Hunting
2. The taking of polar bears is
3. The open season for hunting polar
bear in that portion of
4. The bag limit is one polar bear of either sex except that female polar bears accompanied by cubs, young of the year, may not be taken.
5. Polar bears shall only be taken by shooting.
Bears in den
6. Polar bears shall not be taken in a den and active dens shall not be disturbed in any way.
Bears with transmitters, etc.
7. Polar bears equipped with radio transmitters or collars shall not be taken.
8. The Open Season Big Game Polar Bear Hunting Order, Labrador, 1998, Newfoundland Regulation 24/98, is repealed.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer