This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 1999
Department of Human Resources and Employment
(Filed April 1, 1999)
Under the authority of section 5 of the Executive Council Act, the Clerk of the Executive Council gives the following Notice.
1. Short title
3. Departmental structure confirmed
4. Powers and duties of the minister
1. This Notice may be cited as the Department of Human Resources and Employment Notice.
2. In this Notice
(a) "department" means the Department of Human Resources and Employment; and
(b) "minister" means the Minister of Human Resources and Employment.
Departmental structure confirmed
3. (1) The structure of the department is confirmed by Order in Council 98-107.
(2) The department has 3 branches, as follows:
(a) Corporate Services;
(b) Transitional and Regional Services; and
(c) Planning and Programs.
Powers and duties of the minister
4. The powers, functions and duties of the minister include the supervision, control and direction of all matters relating to human resources and employment including:
(a) assessment and alleviation of cases of economic hardship by the provision of appropriate publicly funded financial assistance, and the administration of programs designed to ensure the integrity of that publicly funded financial assistance;
(b) provision of employment and career programs and services, in co-operation with other departments of the government of the province and, as appropriate, the Government of Canada to enhance employability and assist individuals to compete for, attain and retain employment;
(c) the administration of the Acts set out in the Schedule and of all orders and regulations passed or made under those Acts, including those powers, functions or duties necessary or desirable for carrying out the purpose of those Acts which are not, or in so far as they are not, the responsibility of another minister, agency, body, corporation, board, organization or person; and
(d) programs to provide for the prevention, compliance and enforcement concerning matters referred to in paragraph (a).
5. The Department of Social Services Notice, Newfoundland Regulation 70/96, is repealed.
1. Rehabilitation Act (with Health and Community Services)
2. Social Assistance Act
3. Social Services Appeal Board Act
4. Support Orders Enforcement Act (with Justice)
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer