This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 2000
Teacher Certification Regulations (Amendment)
Under the authority of section 11 of the Teacher Training Act, the Teacher Certification Committee, with the approval of the Lieutenant-Governor in Council, makes the following regulations.
John R. Cummings, Q.C.
1. Section 15 of the Teacher Certification Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
15. (1) A teaching certificate classified as Certificate IV may be issued to an applicant who does not meet the criteria in section 6 where the applicant
(a) holds a valid teaching certificate from a Canadian jurisdiction that is participating in the Agreement in Principle on the Labour Mobility Chapter of the Agreement on Internal Trade/Teaching Profession; and
(b) meets the mobility provisions of the Agreement in Principle and falls within Category 1 described in the Agreement in Principle.
(2) Eligibility for a teaching certificate
classified as Certificates V, VI and
(3) Notwithstanding section 16, the certificates referred to in subsections (1) and (2) may provide for expiry on a specified date if the applicant does not meet conditions specified by the registrar.
(4) A teaching certificate issued under subsection (1) or (2) may not be exchanged for a permanent certificate under section 16 until the applicant has complied with the conditions, if any, specified by the registrar under subsection (3).
(5) A copy of the Agreement in Principle is on file with the registrar and may be examined or obtained during regular business hours.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer