This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 2000
Health and Safety Regulations
Under the authority of subsection 65(1) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
John R. Cummings, Q.C.
2. S.7 R&S
1. Section 2 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations is amended by adding the following immediately after paragraph (d):
(d.01) "commission" means the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission established by the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Act;
2. Section 7 of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
Responsibilities of the division
7. The division shall disseminate the information and statistics that are required in the administration of the Act.
3. Subsections 21(2), (3) and (4) of the regulations are amended by deleting the words "division" and "minister" wherever they appear and substituting the word "commission".
4. Subsection 87(10) of the regulations is amended by deleting the words "assistant deputy minister" and substituting the word "commission".
5. (1) Paragraph 155(2)(a) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(a) "blaster" means a person who is the holder of a valid certificate;
(2) Subsection 155(2) of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after paragraph (b) the following:
(b.1) "certificate" means a blaster’s safety certificate issued by the commission or a person or body authorized to do so by the commission;
6. (1) Subsection 156(1) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
Control of blasting area
156. (1) A person shall not conduct or direct a blasting operation, including the preparing, fixing and firing of charges and handling of misfires, unless he or she is the holder of a valid certificate.
(2) Subsections 156(4), (5), (6), (7), (9), (10) and (11) of the regulations are repealed.
7. Section 188 of the regulations is repealed.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer