This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 2000
Social Assistance Regulations (Amendment)
Under the authority of section 30 of the Social Assistance Act, the Lieutenant Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
John R. Cummings
1. (1) Paragraph 6(1)(a) of the Social Assistance Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(a) a family or single benefit for food, clothing, personal care, fuel, household maintenance and utilities
(2) Paragraphs 6(1)(c) and (d) of the regulations are repealed and the following substituted:
(c) where the landlord is not a relative, for shelter, food, clothing and personal care
(d) where the landlord is a relative, for shelter, food, clothing and personal care
(3) Paragraph 6(1)(j) of the regulations is amended by deleting the amount "$731" and substituting the amount "$761".
2. Subsection 12(1) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
12. (1) An officer of the department may not grant social assistance
(a) to an adult, if his or her liquid assets are in excess of $500; and
(b) to a family, if its combined liquid assets are in excess of $1,500.
3. (1) Section 1 shall be
considered to have come into force on
(2) Section 2 shall come into force on
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer