This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 2001
Smoke-free Environment Regulations (Amendment)
Under the authority of section 12 of the Smoke-free Environment Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
Deborah E. Fry
1. S.2 Amdt.
2. Ss.11 &12 Added
1. Section 2 of the Smoke-free Environment Regulations is amended by deleting the word "and" at the end of paragraph (b), deleting the period at the end of paragraph (c) and substituting a semi-colon and the word "and" and by adding immediately after paragraph (c) the following:
(d) "liquor licence" means a licence issued under the Liquor Licensing Regulations made under the Liquor Control Act.
2. The regulations are amended by adding immediately after section 10 the following:
11. (1) An owner of a food establishment shall not permit smoking in that food establishment
(a) where that food establishment does not have a liquor licence;
(b) where that food establishment has a motel, hotel, tourist home, restaurant, military mess, institution, transportation services, airport establishment or recreational facility liquor licence; and
(c) during the hours that persons under the age 19 years are permitted in that food establishment where that food establishment has a club, lounge or special events liquor licence.
(2) Notwithstanding paragraph (1)(c), an owner of a food establishment that has both a restaurant and a lounge liquor licence shall not permit smoking in that food establishment between the hours of and
Public places open to minors
12. An owner of a public place that is
(a) a boys and girls club;
(b) a games arcade;
(c) a shopping mall;
(d) a common area of a hotel, motel or convention centre;
(e) an air, bus, or marine passenger vessel terminal; or
(f) a public library
that is open to persons under the age of 19 years shall not permit smoking in that public place.
3. These regulations shall come
into force on
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer