This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 2001
Teacher Certification Regulations (Amendment)
Under the authority of section 11 of the Teacher Training Act, the Teachers' Certification Committee, with the approval of the Lieutenant-Governor in Council, makes the following regulations.
Deborah E. Fry
2. Ss.11-13 R&S
1. Subsection 10(1) of the Teacher Certification Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
Emergency Supply Licence
10. (1) A teaching licence classified as an Emergency Supply Licence may on the recommendation of a director of education be issued to an applicant who has completed provincial high school matriculation or the equivalent of provincial high school matriculation as determined by the registrar.
2. Sections 11, 12 and 13 of the regulations are repealed and the following substituted:
11. (1) A
teaching licence classified as a Licence
(2) A teaching licence issued under subsection (1) shall only be issued upon the verification by a director of education that the licence holder will be employed in a position for which there is no other qualified and certified teacher available.
(3) A teaching licence issued under subsection (1) is valid only for the school year in which it is issued and may be re-issued annually, up to 4 times.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer