This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Products Assessment Regulations
Under the authority of section 23 of the Petroleum Products Act, the Lieutenant Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
Deborah E. Fry
1. Short title
2. Annual assessment fee
1. These regulations may be cited as the Petroleum Products Assessment Regulations.
Annual assessment fee
2. (1) A petroleum wholesaler shall pay annually to the commissioner an assessment fee of $0.0004 per litre on the following petroleum products:
(a) automotive fuel;
(b) clear diesel;
(d) furnace fuel; and
(e) stove oil.
(2) An assessment fee imposed under this section shall
(a) be imposed at the point of wholesale and shall be based upon the net proceeds of the sale; and
(b) be based upon the volume of product referred to in paragraphs (1)(a) to (e) sold by the wholesaler in the calendar year previous to the year in which the assessment fee is due to the commissioner.
(3) The commissioner may adjust or vary the rate of the assessment fee imposed under subsection (1).
(4) Payments of the annual assessment fee imposed by the commissioner under subsection (1) shall be made in the manner and at the time that the commissioner may require.
3. The commissioner may conduct an audit in respect of the volume of petroleum products sold by wholesalers of the products referred to in paragraphs 2(1) (a) to (e).
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer