This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Labour Standards Regulations (Amendment)
Under the authority of sections 26 and 27 of the Labour Standards Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
Deborah E. Fry
1. Section 8 of the Labour Standards Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
8. (1) Effective
(2) Effective November 1, 2002, every employer shall pay to every employee a wage rate of not less than $6.00 an hour.
2. Subsections 9(1) to (1.2) of the regulations are repealed and the following substituted:
9. (1) For the purpose of section 25 of the Act, effective April 1, 2003 overtime wages shall be paid at a rate of not less than one and one half times an employee’s regular rate of pay.
3. (1) Section 1 shall come into force on
(2) Section 2 shall come into force on
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer