This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Under the authority of section 109 of the Forestry Act, I make the following regulations.
1. Section 4 of the Forest Fire Regulations is amended by adding immediately after paragraph (b) the following
(b.1) in an outdoor wood burning unit if
(i) the unit is made entirely of non-combustible materials,
(ii) the unit completely contains the fire,
(iii) the unit is screened to prevent the escape of sparks or other burning material,
(iv) the unit rests on legs or supports and is placed on mineral soil or non-combustible material having a surface area a minimum of 1.5 square metres, and
(v) the unit is located a minimum of 3.5 metres from the nearest woods, brush or other flammable material;
2. Subsection 5(1) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
Fire weather index
5. (1) Open or outdoor fires are not permitted under paragraphs 4(a), (b) and (b.1) when the fire weather index is high or extreme.
3. Paragraph 8(a) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(a) leave a fire unattended, whether or not it is contained in a prepared camp site, charcoal, gas, kerosene, alcohol, propane operated unit or outdoor wood burning unit or is lit under permit; or
4. Section 9 of the regulations is amended by deleting the words "a wood" and substituting the words "an indoor wood".
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer