This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Bay Nickel Company Limited Primary
Under the authority of section 31.1 of the Mineral Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following Order.
Deborah E. Fry
1. Short title
3. Best interest
4. Primary production in the province
5. Order continues in force
1. This Order may be cited as the Voisey’s Bay Nickel Company Limited Primary Production Order.
2. (1) In this order
(a) "Act" means the Mineral Act;
(b) "lease" means the valid and subsisting lease number 184 dated September 30, 2002 issued to the lessee under the Act for an area situated near Voisey’s Bay; and
(c) "lessee" means Voisey’s Bay Nickel Company Limited.
(2) In interpreting this Order, the terms "mineral", "mineral ore" and "primary production" shall have the meanings given to them in the Act.
3. The Lieutenant-Governor in Council is of the opinion that, as a matter of public convenience and general policy, it is in the best interest of the province to grant this order.
Primary production in the province
4. The lessee shall complete primary production in the province of all minerals or mineral ores extracted or removed under the lease.
Order continues in force
5. This Order shall continue in force until the time that it is varied, rescinded or repealed by an order of the Lieutenant-Governor in Council.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer