This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Under the authority of sections 88 and 114 of the Wild Life Regulations and the authority of the Wild Life Act, I make the following Order.
1. Short title
2. Permission to hunt
1. This Order may be cited as the Coyote Hunting Order Newfoundland and Labrador.
Permission to hunt
2. (1) The holder of a big game, small game or wolf shooting licence is permitted to hunt coyote by shooting, in the area and during the open season for which his or her licence is valid.
(2) The holder of the licence referred to in subsection (1) shall only shoot coyotes using the type of firearm and ammunition that his or her licence permits.
(3) A person who shoots coyotes with a shotgun shall not use shot size smaller than 2.
3. A person who kills a coyote shall surrender the carcass to an office of the Inland Fish and Wildlife Division within 14 days of the date of the kill and may keep or sell the skin.
4. There is no limit on the number of coyotes which may be shot by a person.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer