This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Insurance Regulations (Amendment)
Under the authority of section 4 of the Hospital Insurance Agreement Act, I make the following regulations.
1. (1) Subsection 2(1) of the Hospital Insurance Regulations is amended by adding immediately after paragraph (a) the following:
(a.1) "chiropractor" means a person licensed under the Chiropractors Act;
(2) Paragraph 2(1)(f) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(f) "insured services" means the in-patient services and out‑patient services set out in the Schedule, and includes x-ray services prescribed by a chiropractor, but does not include services which a person is eligible for and entitled to under an Act of the Parliament of Canada or the legislature of the province or of another competent jurisdiction as specified in the agreement;
2. Section 3 of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after subsection (1) the following:
(1.1) An insured person is entitled to receive insured services in a hospital free of charge if he or she has been admitted as an out-patient to a hospital in the recommendation of a chiropractor for the purpose of receiving x-ray services.
3. Subsection 6(1) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
Recommendation for admission
6. (1) Recommendation for admission to hospital as an in-patient or an out-patient shall be made by the medical officer in the district where the insured person resides, or by the usual medical practitioner attending him or her, or by his or her chiropractor.
4. Subsection 7(2) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(2) Except in an emergency, a practitioner shall not send a person to a hospital until the practitioner or chiropractor has been notified by the admitting officer of that hospital that the accommodation or out-patient service is available.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer