This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Power Rental Regulations, 2003
Under the authority of sections 29 and 64 of the Water Resources Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
Deborah E. Fry
1. Short title
1. These regulations may be cited as the Water Power Rental Regulations, 2003.
2. In these regulations, "water use licence" means a licence to divert or use water for water power generation issued under the Water Resources Act.
3. These regulations apply to water power generated under
(a) a water power licence or a water use licence issued or renewed on or after the date the Water Power Rental Regulations under the Crown Lands Act or these regulations came into effect; and
(b) the water use licences for the
(i) Rattle Brook Hydroelectric Power Generating
Plant at Rattle Brook, located on the northeast edge of the
(ii) Rose Blanche Brook Hydroelectric Power
Generating Plant at Rose Blanche Brook, located on the southwest coast of the
(iv) Tors Cove/Rocky Pond Hydroelectric Power
Generating Plants at Tors Cove Pond and Southern Rocky Pond, located on the
east coast of the
4. (1) The annual rent for a water use licence shall be $0.80 per megawatt hour of power generated.
(2) The annual rental rate in subsection (1) shall be effective from the date of first generation of power, whether it is before or after the date the Water Power Rental Regulations under the Crown Lands Act came into effect.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (2), the annual
rent for the water use licence referred to in subparagraph 3(b)(iv) shall be effective from
5. The Water Power Rental Regulations,
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer