This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Department of Human Resources and Employment
Under the authority of section 5 of the Executive Council Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council gives the following Notice.
1. Short title
3. Departmental structure varied
4. Powers and duties of the minister
1. This Notice may be cited as the Department of Human Resources and Employment Notice, 2003.
2. In this Notice
(a) "department " means the Department of Human Resources and Employment; and
(b) "minister" means the Minister of Human Resources and Employment.
Departmental structure varied
3. (1) The structure of the department is varied by Order in Council 2003-371.
(2) The department has 3 branches, as follows:
(a) Corporate Services;
(b) Client Services; and
(c) Policy, Planning and Labour Market Development.
(3) The department is presided over by the minister.
Powers and duties of the minister
4. The powers, functions and duties of the minister include the supervision, control and direction of all matters relating to human resources and employment including:
(a) assessment and alleviation of cases of economic hardship by the provision of appropriate publicly funded financial assistance, and the administration of programs designed to ensure the integrity of that publicly funded financial assistance;
(b) provision of employment and career programs and services, in co-operation with other departments of the government of the province and, as appropriate, the Government of Canada to enhance employability and assist individuals to compete for, attain and retain employment;
(c) programs to provide for the prevention, compliance and enforcement concerning matters referred to in paragraph (a); and
(d) the administration of the Acts set out in the Schedule and of all orders and regulations passed or made under those Acts, including those powers, functions or duties necessary or desirable for carrying out the purpose of those Acts,
which are not, or in so far as they are not, the responsibility of another minister, agency, body, corporation, board, organization or person; and
5. The Department of Human Resources and Employment Notice, Newfoundland and Labrador Regulation 30/99, is repealed.
1. Income and Employment Support Act
2. Rehabilitation Act (with Health and Community Services)
3. Social Assistance Act
4. Social Services Appeal Board Act
5. Support Orders Enforcement Act (with Justice)
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer