This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
of Labrador and Aboriginal Affairs Notice
Under the authority of section 5 of the Executive Council Act, the Clerk of the Executive Council gives the following Notice.
1. Short title
3. Department created and structure confirmed
4. Powers and duties of the minister
1. This Notice may be cited as the Department of Labrador and Aboriginal Affairs Notice.
2. In this Notice
(a) "department" means the Department of Labrador and Aboriginal Affairs; and
means the Minister of
Department created and structure confirmed
3. (1) The department was created by Order in Council 2001-136 and the departmental structure is confirmed by Order in Council 2003-375 and the department is presided over by the minister.
(2) The department has 2 branches, as follows:
(b) Aboriginal Affairs.
Powers and duties of the minister
4. The powers, functions and duties of the minister include the supervision, control and direction of all matters relating to
(a) negotiating land claim treaties and self-government agreements, and implementing and managing land claims agreements once achieved;
(b) managing Federal-Provincial Agreements
(i) related to the
(ii) for the Innu and
Inuit communities of
(c) co-ordinating and developing policies and
programs relating to Aboriginal issues and other significant issues of Government
(d) providing public information and education in matters related to land claims.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer