This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Storage and Handling of Gasoline and Associated
Under the authority of section 111 of the Environmental Protection Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
Robert C. Thompson
2. S.18.1 Added
1. Section 13 of the Storage and Handling of Gasoline and Associated Products Regulations, 2003 is repealed and the following substituted
Prohibition and registration
13. (1) A person shall not construct, install, alter or operate a storage tank system unless that construction, installation, alteration or operation is registered under these regulations.
(2) A person who
(c) alters; and
a storage tank system, shall,
(e) in the form and manner required by the minister; and
(f) before carrying out the proposed construction, installation, alteration or operation of that storage tank system,
register that construction, installation, alteration or operation with the department.
(3) The minister may, at any time before or after the registration of a storage tank system construction, installation, alteration or operation under this section require
(a) the inspection of that storage tank system; and
(b) that the owner or operator of that storage tank system provide additional information relating to that system,
as the minister considers necessary to ensure compliance with the Act and these regulations.
(4) Notwithstanding subsections (1) and (2),
where, immediately before the coming into force of this section, a storage tank
system is in operation, the operation of that storage tank system shall be registered
under this section by not later than
2. The regulations are amended by adding immediately after section 18 the following:
18.1 (1) A person shall not operate, fill or cause to be operated or filled a storage tank system where the operation of that system is not registered under section 13.
(2) Subsection (1) shall not apply to the
operation or filling of a storage tank system that is operating immediately
before the coming into force of this section until after
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer