This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Gasoline Tax Regulations (Amendment)
Under the authority of section 48 of the Gasoline Tax Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
2. S.24.1 Added
1. Paragraph 2(c) of the Gasoline Tax Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(c) "dye" means dye approved by the minister for the purpose of these regulations;
2. The regulations are amended by adding immediately after section 24 the following:
Approval of dye
24.1 The minister may approve dye for the purposes of sections 25 to 27.
3. Section 28 of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
Duty of collector using dye
28. (1) The costs of procuring dye shall be borne by the collector.
(2) A collector, his or her agent or employee shall
(a) be responsible for the procurement, storage and distribution of dye;
(b) ensure that dye in his or her possession which is used to colour tax‑exempt gasoline is kept in a sealed container in a secure place and that it is used for no purpose other than the purpose of colouring tax‑exempt gasoline in the manner prescribed by section 25; and
(c) keep a record of dye purchased, used, lost by spillage or other cause, or otherwise disposed of, and shall make the records available for inspection by the minister on request.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer