This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Chief Regulations (Amendment)
Under the authority of section 415 of the Municipalities Act, 1999 I make the following regulations.
1. Section 2 of the Fire Chief Regulations is amended by adding immediately after the word "municipality" the words "or local service district".
2. (1) Paragraphs 3(1)(a) and (b) of the regulations are repealed and the following substituted:
(a) recommend to the council or local service district committee the most suitable form and method of organization for the fire department and recommend rules and regulations for its control and management;
(b) prepare and submit to the council or local service district committee itemized estimates of the financial needs of the fire department for supplies, equipment and personnel;
(2) Paragraphs 3(1)(j) and (k) of the regulations are repealed and the following substituted:
(j) recommend fire protection plans to the council or local service district committee; and
(k) carry out other duties assigned by the manager or, where there is no manager, by the council or local service district committee.
(3) Subsection 3(2) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(2) The duties in subsection (1) may, in the absence or inability of the fire chief, be carried out by a person designated by the fire chief, manager, council or local service district.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer