This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Under the authority of sections 81.2, 88 and 114 of the Wild Life Regulations and the authority of the Wild Life Act, I make the following Order.
1. Short title
3. Coyote licence holders
4. Other licence holders
Order may be cited as the Coyote Hunting
2. In this order, "coyote shooting licence" means a licence issued under section 81.1 of the Wild Life Regulations.
Coyote licence holders
open season for the hunting of coyote by the holder of a coyote shooting
licence is from
Other licence holders
4. (1) The holder of a big game, small game or wolf shooting licence is permitted to hunt coyote by shooting, in the area and during the open season for which his or her licence is valid.
(2) The holder of the licence referred to in subsection (1) shall only shoot coyotes using the type of firearm and ammunition that his or her licence permits.
(3) A person who shoots coyotes with a shotgun under the authority of this section shall use shot size 2 or larger.
5. A person who kills a coyote shall surrender the carcass to an office of the Inland Fish and Wildlife Division within 14 days of the date of the kill and may keep or sell the skin.
6. There is no limit on the number of coyotes which may be shot by the holder of a coyote shooting licence or by a person under the authority of section 4.
7. A person shall not transport or possess any firearm under the authority of a valid game licence without being in possession of an outdoor identification card, or non-resident equivalent card, issued to that person.
8. The Coyote Hunting Order Newfoundland and Labrador, Newfoundland and Labrador Regulations 33/04, is repealed.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer