This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Mines Safety of Workers Regulations (Amendment)
Under the authority of section 65 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
Robert C. Thompson
1. Section 111 of the Mines Safety of Workers Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
Training for rescue equipment
111. (1) In this section "commission" means the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission established under the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Act.
(2) The operator and manager of a mine shall cause such workers and supervisors to be trained in the use and maintenance of mine rescue equipment as the commission considers necessary and the course of training to be followed shall be one approved by the commission.
(3) The operator of a mine shall provide and maintain the mine rescue equipment as the chief inspector considers necessary and this equipment shall be stored at an approved location.
(4) The manager of a mine shall be responsible for the supervision and direction of mine rescue crews in all mine rescue and recovery operations conducted at the mine.
(5) The manager of a mine shall immediately notify the chief inspector of circumstances necessitating rescue and recovery operations conducted by rescue crews wearing masks or self-contained breathing apparatus.
(6) Each person completing an approved course in the use and maintenance of mine rescue equipment may present himself or herself for examination as to his or her competency before an examination board consisting of an employee of or a person appointed for the purpose by the commission and an official of the mine at which he or she is employed.
(7) The commission may issue a certificate of mine rescue training to each person complying with the requirements of the examination board referred to in subsection (6).
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer