This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Under the authority of section 145 of the Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Atlantic Accord Implementation Newfoundland and Labrador Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. Sections 170 and 171 of the Offshore Petroleum Drilling Newfoundland and Labrador Regulations are repealed and the following substituted:
Testing and sampling of formation
170. Every operator shall ensure that every formation in a well is tested and sampled in a manner to obtain reservoir pressure data and fluid samples from the formation, if there is an indication that such data or samples would contribute substantially to the geological and reservoir evaluation.
Formation flow test
171. (1) An operator may conduct a formation flow test on a well drilled on a geological feature if, prior to conducting that test, the operator
(a) submits to the board a detailed testing program; and
(b) obtains the approval of the board to conduct the test.
(2) The board shall approve a formation flow test if it determines that the test will be conducted safely and in accordance with good oilfield practices and that the test will enable the operator to
(a) obtain data on the deliverability or productivity of the well;
(b) establish the characteristics of the reservoir; and
(c) obtain representative samples of the formation fluids.
(3) The board may require that the operator conduct a formation flow test on a well drilled on a geological feature, other than the first well, if there is an indication that such a test would contribute substantially to the geological and reservoir evaluation.
2. These regulations shall come into force on
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer