This is an official version.
Copyright © 2007: Queen's Printer,
Private Investigation and Security Services
Under the authority of section 40 of the Private Investigation and Security Services Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
2. S.7 Amdt.
5. S.10 Amdt.
6. S.11 Amdt.
7. S.12 R&S
8. S.13 Amdt.
1. (1) Subsection 5(5) of the Private Investigation and Security Services Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(5) Nothing in the Act or the regulations pertaining to liability insurance or bonding applies to an agency supplying the services of armoured vehicle guards as defined in paragraph 2(c.1) of the Act.
(2) Section 5 of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after subsection (5) the following:
(6) This section shall apply, with the necessary changes, to a security guard agency which employs security guards and is licensed under the Act.
2. Subsections 7(2), (3) and (4) of the regulations are repealed.
3. Section 8 of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
First time applicant
8. (1) Under paragraph 15(1)(a) of the Act, a first time applicant for a private investigator licence shall provide proof of successful completion of the training course or examination provided for this purpose by a community college established under the College Act, 1996.
(2) Proof of successful completion of a training course received from an institution in Canada other than a community college established under the College Act, 1996 will be considered provided that course meets the training criteria established by the administrator.
(3) An applicant who has not completed the training program as set out in this section may be granted a licence which is subject to successful completion by the applicant of the course or examination within the period of time as set by the administrator.
4. Section 9 of the regulations is amended by deleting the phrase and commas "except an agent as defined under subparagraph 2(p)(ii) of the Act, "and substituting the phrase "except an agency which only employs armoured vehicle guards,".
5. Subsection 10(2) of the regulations is amended by deleting the words "security guard or".
6. Section 11 of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after the words "security guard" a comma and the words "armoured vehicle guard".
7. Section 12 of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
12. Under subsection 34(1) of the Act, regularly employed penitentiary staff appointed under section 4 of the Prisons Act shall not be eligible for licensing under the Act or these regulations, nor may they be employed by a security guard agency licensed under the Act or these regulations.
8. Section 13 of the regulations is amended by deleting the phrase "a licensed agent as defined under subparagraph 2(p)(ii) of the Act "and substituting the words "an armoured vehicle guard" and by deleting the words "the agent" and substituting the words "he or she".
9. These regulations shall come into force on
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer