This is an official version.
Copyright © 2007: Queen's Printer,
Under the authority of section 280.3 of the
1. Short title
3. Violation notices
4. Time of payment
5. Amount of payment
6. Offence penalty
regulations may be cited as the City of
2. In these regulations "violation notice" means a violation notice issued in accordance with section 280.1 of the City of Mount Pearl Act or section 39.1 of the Urban and Rural Planning Act, 2000 with respect to a regulation referred to in section 3.
3. The council may issue violation notices with respect to a failure to comply with a provision of the following regulations enacted by the council under the City of Mount Pearl Act or the Urban and Rural Planning Act, 2000:
(a) Adult Materials Display Regulations
(b) Animal Control Regulations;
(c) Anti Litter Regulations;
(d) Commercial Motor Vehicle Regulations;
(e) Fence Regulations;
(f) Garbage Regulations;
(g) Mobile Canteen Regulations;
(h) Noise Regulations;
(i) Occupancy and Maintenance Regulation;
(j) Place of Entertainment Regulations;
(k) Public Area Vehicle Regulations;
(l) Taxi Regulations; and
(m) Tree Regulations.
Time of payment
4. Where a violation notice has been issued by the council
(a) a voluntary payment made to the city with respect to that notice shall be made by the recipient of that notice not later than 7 days after the issuance of the notice to that recipient; and
(b) notwithstanding paragraph (a), a voluntary payment made to the city with respect to that notice after the time referred to in paragraph (a) shall be made by the recipient of that notice not later than 14 days after the issuance of the notice to that recipient.
Amount of payment
5. Where a violation notice has been issued by the council
(a) a voluntary payment to the city made within the time referred to in paragraph 4(a) with respect to that notice shall be $50; and
(b) a voluntary payment to the city made with respect to that notice within the time period referred to in paragraph 4(b) shall be $75.
6. Where a person has received a violation notice and is convicted of an offence with respect to the same matter for which that notice was issued, the penalty for that offence shall be $100.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer