This is an official version.
Copyright © 2008: Queen's Printer,
Fish Inspection Operations Regulations
Under the authority of subsection 4(2) of the Fish Inspection Act, I make the following regulations.
9. Sch. R&S
1. Subsection 8(3) of the Fish Inspection Operations Regulations is repealed.
2.(1) Subsection 10(1) of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after the word "sections" the number and comma "7,".
(2) Subsection 10(2) is amended by striking out the comma after the word "regulations" and by striking out the words "including for the purposes of advising the owner of his or her right to appeal to the minister under section 7 of the Act in accordance with section 16 of the Fish Inspection Administrative Regulations".
3. Section 13 of the regulations is repealed.
4. Section 14 of the regulations is amended by striking out the word "sections" and substituting the word "section " and by striking out the word and number "and 12".
5. Paragraph 15(1)(a) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(a) the minimum processing requirements applicable to an authorized species as set out in the Schedule or other alternative minimum processing requirements approved in writing in advance by the minister except where the minister has issued an exemption in writing; and
6. The regulations are amended by adding immediately after section 15 the following:
Limitation on 2J crab
15.1 A person who is licensed to buy or process snow crab under the Act and the Fish Inspection Administrative Regulations, purchasing snow crab sourced from fish harvesters fishing in NAFO Area 2J, south of Latitude 54° 40', and landed in Newfoundland and Labrador, must transport the raw material to a licensed snow crab processing facility situate in Labrador and adjacent to NAFO Area 2J for processing, except where the minister has issued an exemption in writing.
7. Section 37 of the regulations is amended by striking out the words "an establishment" and substituting the words "a production area" and by striking out the word "establishment" where it appears for the second time and substituting the words "production area".
8. Subsection 42(1) of the regulations is amended by striking out the numeral and words "2 hour intervals" and substituting the words "the end of each shift".
9. The Schedule to the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
MINIMUM PROCESSING REQUIREMENTS
The following minimum processing
requirements apply to all fish intended for sale outside
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer