This is an official version.
Copyright © 2008: Queen's Printer,
Town of Roddickton-Bide Arm Election Order
Under the authority of sections 13, 14, 16 and 17 of the Municipalities Act, 1999 and section 12 of the Municipal Elections Act, I make the following Order.
1. Short title
2. Wards prescribed
3. First election
5. Returning officer
1. This Order may be cited as the Town of Roddickton-Bide Arm Election Order.
2. The Town of Roddickton-Bide Arm shall be divided into 2 wards:
(a) Ward 1, the community of Roddickton; and
(b) Ward 2, the community of Bide Arm.
first election of a council for the Town of Roddickton-Bide Arm shall take
4. (1) The council shall have control and management of the Town of Roddickton-Bide Arm.
(2) The council shall consist of 7 persons:
(a) 4 councillors to be elected at large;
(b) one councillor to be elected to represent Ward 1;
(c) one councillor to be elected to represent Ward 2; and
(d) a mayor to be elected in a separate mayoralty election.
5. Phyllis Randall is appointed as returning officer to conduct the election authorized under this Order.
6. The council elected on December 9, 2008 under this Order shall have authority for the control and management of the town on the date that the Town of Roddickton-Bide Arm Order under the Municipalities Act, 1999 comes into force.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer