This is an official version.
Copyright © 2009: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Lottery Licensing Regulations (Amendment)
Under the authority granted by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council by Minute in Council 1081-82 and subsection 207(2) of the Criminal Code, I make the following regulations.
1. Section 30 of the Lottery Licensing Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
30. (1) An organization licensed under section 3 may offer alcohol as a prize in a licensed lottery event to persons over the age of 19 years.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), the Liquor Control Act precludes the granting of alcohol as prizes to any person under the age of 19 years.
(3) It is an offence under the Tobacco Control Act to give tobacco as a prize to a person under the age of 19 years.
(4) A prize of a firearm shall not be given to a
person who is not authorized under the Firearms
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer