This is an official version.
Copyright © 2009: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Provincial Parks Regulations (Amendment)
Under the authority of section 8 of the Provincial Parks Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
S. 9 Amdt.
Ss.15, 16, & 17 Added
1. Section 9 of the Provincial Parks Regulations is amended by adding immediately after subsection (2) the following:
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1), a person may operate a snowmobile in the Main River Waterway Provincial Park.
2. The regulations are amended by adding immediately after section 14 the following:
Entry permit required
person or corporation pursuing a commercial enterprise shall not enter the
Use of aircraft
16. (1) A person shall not land an aircraft in or take off in an aircraft from a provincial park unless he or she had first obtained a permit to do so from the minister.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply where the health or safety of a person requires that an aircraft land in or take off from a provincial park without a permit to do so first having been obtained from the minister.
17. (1) A person shall not conduct scientific research in a provincial park unless he or she has obtained a permit to do so from the minister.
(2) Permits may be obtained from the minister upon submission of a written request fully outlining and detailing the research project, and subject to the terms and conditions that the minister may determine.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer