This is an official version.
Copyright © 2009: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Under the authority of section 10 of the Tobacco Control Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. Short title
2. Sign listing types of tobacco for sale
1. These regulations may be cited as the Tobacco Control Regulations.
Sign listing types of tobacco for sale
2. (1) For the purpose of paragraph 4.5(a) of the Act a sign that lists the types of tobacco for sale and their prices may be displayed in accordance with subsection (2) in a place or premises in which tobacco is sold or offered for sale if the sign complies with the following requirements:
(a) the size of the sign shall not exceed 216 millimetres by 279 millimetres;
(b) the sign shall be white except for its text, which shall be black;
(c) the text on the sign shall not identify or reflect a brand of tobacco or any element of a brand;
(d) the text on the sign shall use only the following words, or an abbreviation or an equivalent in another language, to list the types of tobacco for sale
(iv) smokeless tobacco, and
(v) loose tobacco;
(e) the text on the sign shall include the price range for the types of tobacco for sale; and
(f) the sign shall not include color, graphics, pictures, logos or other illustration.
(2) In a place or premises in which tobacco is sold or offered for sale a sign that meets the requirements of subsection (1) may be displayed however
(a) no more than 3 signs in total may be displayed in the vendors place or premises and of the three only one sign may be displayed at any till; and
(c) the text of the sign shall not be visible from outside the vendor's place or premises.
3. These regulations shall come into force on
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer