This is an official version.
Copyright © 2010: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Guides Regulations, 1998 (Amendment)
Under the authority of section 7 of the Wild Life Act, the minister, with the approval of the Lieutenant-Governor in Council, makes the following regulations.
1. (1) Paragraph 2 of the Guides Regulations, 1998 is amended by adding immediately before paragraph (a) the following:
(a.01) "artificial fly" means an artificial
fly as defined in the Newfoundland and
Labrador Fishery Regulations (
(2) Paragraph 2 of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after paragraph (a) the following:
(a.1) "hooks" and "hooking" means to be in possession of a hook and line with the line held in the hand, or a hook, line and rod with the rod held in the hand, when a fish takes the attached bait, lure, or artificial fly as prescribed by the Newfoundland and Labrador Fishery Regulations (Canada);
2. Section 14 of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
Angling and shooting by guides prohibited while employed
14. (1) A licensed guide, while employed as a licensed guide, shall not angle for salmon or trout in inland waters or shoot or hunt wild life but a licensed guide may, within reasonable limits, demonstrate the techniques of line casting and hooking of fish to an angler by whom he or she is accompanied.
(2) A licensed guide who hooks a fish while demonstrating the techniques of line casting to the angler by whom he or she is accompanied shall release the fish back into the water.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer