This is an official version.
Copyright © 2010: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Highway Traffic Driver Regulations, 1999 (Amendment)
(Filed September 29, 2010)
Under the authority of sections 55.1 and 186 of the Highway Traffic Act, the Minister of Government Services and the Lieutenant-Governor in Council make the following regulations.
Dated at St. John’s, September 28, 2010.
2. Sch. A Amdt.
1. (1) Subsection 27(1) of the Highway Traffic Driver Regulations, 1999 is repealed and the following substituted:
Evidence of program completion
27. (1) The registrar may, upon expiry of the suspension, reinstate the driver's licence or driving privileges of a person, including a novice driver, whose licence has been suspended
(a) under the authority of section 60.2 or 60.4 of the Act;
(b) under a 24 hour, 7 day, or 90 day roadside suspension; or
(c) due to a conviction
under the Criminal Code (
(2) Section 27 of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after subsection (2) the following:
(2.1) Notwithstanding the coming into force of the Highway Traffic (Amendment) Act, SNL 2010 c22, where a 24 hour suspension was validly imposed under the Act as it existed before the coming into force of that amending Act, the registrar may consider that 24 hour suspension when evaluating program completion requirements under Schedule A.
2. (1) Schedule A of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after the second row referencing 24 hour suspensions the following:
(2) Schedule A of the regulations is amended by repealing the row beginning with "Combination of 24 hour or 90 day and Criminal Code" and substituting the following:
3. These regulations come into force on October 1, 2010.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer