This is an official version.
Copyright © 2013: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Lottery Licensing Regulations (Amendment)
(Filed July 30, 2013)
Under the authority granted by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council by Minute in Council 1081-82 and subsection 207(2) of the Criminal Code, I make the following regulations.
1. (1) Paragraph 2(d) of the Lottery Licensing Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(d) "director" means the Director of the Consumer Affairs Division;
(2) Paragraph 2(e) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(e) "division" means the Consumer Affairs Division of the department;
(3) Paragraph 2(n) of the regulations is repealed.
2. Subsection 6(1) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
6. (1) The director or another official designated by the minister has signing authority for issuing licences.
3. Subsection 13(1) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
Lotteries trust account
13. (1) With the exception of charities, registered with the Charities Directorate of the Canada Revenue Agency, licensees shall open and maintain a separate designated lotteries trust account in a financial institution authorized to take deposits and to administer proceeds of the money derived from lottery schemes.