This is an official version.
Copyright © 2013: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
(Filed December 10, 2013)
Under the authority of section 41 of the Lands Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. (1) Section 2 of the Glover Island Public Reserve Regulations is amended by adding immediately before paragraph (a) the following:
(a.01) "managing agency" means the Parks and Natural Areas Division of the Department of Environment and Conservation;
(2) Paragraph 2(d) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(d) "structure" means a man-made object intended to be permanent or semi-permanent in nature and includes buildings, houses, cottages, cabins, wharves, docks, boathouses, slipways, trailers, mobile homes, tent platforms, shelters and recreational vehicles used for any purpose but does not include temporary equipment associated with scientific research or monitoring, or signs erected by the managing agency;
2. Subsection 4(2) of the regulations is amended by deleting the words "responsible for the Wilderness and Ecological Reserves Act".
3. Subsections 5(3) and (4) of the regulations are repealed.
4. The regulations are amended by adding immediately after section 9 the following:
10. (1) A person shall not conduct scientific research within the reserve without a permit issued under subsection (2).
(2) Upon submission of a written request outlining the scientific research, the managing agency may issue a permit for scientific research on terms and conditions that the managing agency considers appropriate.
(3) A permit issued under subsection (2) may exempt the permit holder from paragraphs 3(a), (c) and (e).