This is an official version.
Copyright © 2014: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Inspection Operations Regulations (Amendment)
(Filed October 29, 2014)
Under the authority of subsection 4(2) of the Fish Inspection Act, I make the following regulations.
1. Section 3 of the Fish Inspection Operations Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
3. (1) An establishment shall only be used for, or in connection with, the handling, processing, storing, grading, transporting or marketing of fish where
(a) the operator of the establishment holds a fish processing licence issued under the Fish Inspection Administrative Regulations; and
(b) the establishment has a certificate of registration issued by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), an in-province retail fish establishment shall only be used for, or in connection with, the handling, processing, storing, grading, transporting or marketing of fish where the operator of the in-province retail fish establishment holds the following licences:
(a) a valid fish processing licence issued under the Fish Inspection Administrative Regulations; and
(b) a valid licence issued under the Food Premises Regulations.
(3) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to the following establishments:
(a) an establishment used exclusively by a fish harvester for washing, gutting, sorting, handling, drying or icing his or her catch;
(b) an establishment used exclusively by a person licensed under the Aquaculture Act for the cultivation of bivalve molluscs for washing, handling or icing his or her harvest; and
(c) an establishment used by a person for the processing of fish for a purpose other than human consumption.
(4) The operator of an establishment shall ensure that a copy of the current fish processing licence issued to the operator is prominently displayed in the establishment.