This is an official version.
Copyright © 2015: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Court Fees Regulations (Amendment)
(Filed June 24, 2015)
Under the authority of subsection 55(2) of the Judicature Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
2. Sch. Amdt.
1. The Supreme Court Fees Regulations are amended by adding immediately after section 2 the following:
Waiver of fee
2.1 (1) A clerk, officer or employee of the Supreme Court who performs a registry function may waive a fee under these regulations in whole or in part where an individual
(a) requests that the fee be waived; and
(b) provides proof satisfactory to the clerk, officer or employee that he or she is in receipt of income support under the Income and Employment Support Act.
(2) A judge of the Supreme Court may waive a fee under these regulations where
(a) an individual requests that the fee be waived; and
(b) after considering the individual's financial and other circumstances, the judge is satisfied that it is appropriate to waive the fee.
2. (1) Numbers 4 and 5 of the Schedule to the regulations are repealed and the following substituted:
(2) Number 9 of the Schedule to the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
3. These regulations come into force on July 1, 2015.