This is an official version.
Copyright © 2015: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Registered Nurses Regulations (Amendment)
(Filed September 10, 2015)
Under the authority of section 11 of the Registered Nurses Act, 2008, the Council
of the Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and
1. S.6 Amdt.
3. S.19 R&S
1. Subsection 6(2) of the Registered Nurses Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(2) Where a person who has not written the registered nurse examination is granted an interim licence he or she shall write the exam within 4 months from the date of issuance of the interim licence or another time approved by the council.
2. Subsection 7(1) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
Exam failure-registered nurse
7. (1) Where a person fails a first writing of the approved registered nurse examination his or her interim licence shall be revoked but he or she may remain registered on the provisional register and may be granted a further interim licence subject to the conditions and restrictions determined by the council.
(1.1) Where a person fails a second writing of the approved registered nurse examination his or her interim licence granted under subsection (1) shall be revoked but he or she may remain registered on the provisional register.
3. Section 19 of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
Conditions and restrictions
19. (1) The council may attach those conditions and restrictions to a registration, a licence or an interim licence that the council considers appropriate.
(2) A member shall comply with all conditions and restrictions that are attached to his or her registration, licence or interim licence by the council.