This is an official version.
Copyright © 2015: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
(Filed October 30, 2015)
Under the authority of section 187 of the Highway Traffic Act, I make the following regulations.
4. Schedules R&S
1. Paragraph 2(1)(ggg) of the Vehicles Regulations, 2001 is repealed and the following substituted:
(ggg) "tridem axle" means an axle group containing 3 consecutive axles within a vehicle which do not include any liftable or self-steering axles, have the same number of tires on each axle, are equally spaced and are attached to the vehicle in a manner that achieves equalised loading among the 3 axles;
2. Paragraph 9(h) of the regulations is repealed.
3. Section 9.1 of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
9.1 (1) Flexible aerodynamic devices installed at the rear of trucks, trailers and semi-trailers shall not be included in the measurement of overall length, trailer length, semi trailer length, box length and effective rear overhang where
(a) the device is capable of being folded so that it does not protrude more than 0.305 metres beyond the rear of the vehicle;
(b) the aerodynamic device is not designed or used to carry cargo;
(c) any portion of the device more than 1.9 metres above the ground does not protrude more than 1.52 metres beyond the rear of the vehicle; and
(d) any portion of the device within 1.9 metres of the ground does not protrude beyond a transverse vertical plane intersecting a point that is 1.74 metres above the ground and 1.21 metres beyond the rear of the vehicle.
(2) The transverse vertical plane in paragraph (1)(d) shall start from the lowest point at the rear of the vehicle or, where the vehicle is equipped with a rear impact guard, from the rear bottom edge of the rear impact guard.
4. Schedules A to F of the regulations are repealed and the following substituted: