This is an official version.
Copyright ©2016: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Milk Scheme, 1998 (Amendment)
(Filed October 5, 2016)
Under the authority of section 11 of the Natural Products Marketing Act, I make the following Order.
1. Subsections 4(2) to (4) of the Milk Scheme, 1998 are repealed and the following substituted:
(2) The DFNL shall consist of not more than 7 directors elected or appointed as prescribed by this section.
(3) Six directors of the DFNL shall be registered producers and they shall be elected by registered producers for a 2 year term.
(4) Of the 6 directors elected under subsection (3),
(a) 2 shall be elected from the East Dairy Zone;
(b) one shall be elected from the Central Dairy Zone;
(c) 2 shall be elected from the West Dairy Zone; and
(d) one shall be elected at large.
2. Paragraph 8(l) of the Order is repealed and the following substituted:
(l) fix and allot, or refuse to fix and allot to producers, quotas for the production or marketing of milk on the basis that it considers proper;