This is an official version.
Copyright ©2017: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Child Care Regulations (Amendment)
(Filed July 27, 2017)
Under the authority of section 34 of the Child Care Act, I make the following regulations.
1. Subsection 54(8) of the Child Care Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(8) Notwithstanding subsection (7), where there are more than 3 children that are 2 years old or younger assigned to the same homeroom, the second caregiver assigned to that homeroom shall also hold at least level I certification.
2. Section 64 of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
Outdoor play structures
64. (1) In addition to the requirements under section 39, a play structure for use in an outdoor play area of a centre shall be designated by the manufacturer as designed for commercial use.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), where a play structure is not designated by the manufacturer as designed for commercial use, it may be used in an outdoor play area of a centre where it has been approved by an inspector appointed under the Act as safe for use in a centre.
(3) Approval of a play structure under subsection (2) shall be obtained
(a) within a year of the coming into force of these regulations where the play structure was being used at a centre in which a child care service
(i) was being operated under a valid licence issued under the Child Care Services Act on the coming into force of these regulations, and
(ii) is being operated in the same centre in which it was being operated on the coming info force of these regulations; or
(b) before the play structure is used at the centre.
3. Subsection 69(5) is repealed.