This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Consolidated Newfoundland Regulation 1996
of Lands Open for Staking in respect of which the
Under the authority of subsection 9(2) of the Mineral Act and the Subordinate Legislation Revision and Consolidation Act, the Lieutenant‑Governor in Council makes the following Order.
1. Short title
4. Regime consistent
1. This Order may be cited as the Description of Lands Open for Staking in respect of which the Mineral Claims Recorder shall Issue only Map Staked Licences Order.
Island portion lands
2. The following lands, being the island portion of the province are described and the mineral claims recorder shall issue map staked licences only in respect of those lands
(a) a ground staked licence shall not be issued in respect of lands on the island portion of the province; and
(b) the mineral claims recorder shall issue map staked licences only in respect of lands on the island portion of the province.
3. Under previous orders, all lands in the
4. The land staking regime shall be consistent through the province and only map staked licences shall be issued by the mineral claims recorder, subject to savings for physical staking as provided by section 10 of the Mineral Act.
5. The Order re: Description of Lands Open for Staking in Respect of which the Mineral Claims Recorder Shall Issue Map Staked Licences Only, Newfoundland Regulation 106/95, is repealed.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer