This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Consolidated Newfoundland Regulation 1996
Under the authority of section 4 of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Act and the Subordinate Legislation Revision and Consolidation Act, the Lieutenant‑Governor in Council makes the following Order.
1. Short title
3. Area declared
4. Privately owned petroleum
5. Undeveloped petroleum
1. This Order may be cited as the Port au
2. In this Order, "minister" means the minister appointed under the Executive Council Act to administer the Petroleum and Natural Gas Act.
3. The area of the province described in Exploration Permit No. 93‑102, issued to Hunt Oil Company under the Petroleum and Natural Gas Act and located on the Port au Port Peninsula, excluding
(a) the property included within Reid Lot No. 200; and
(b) the property included within the adjacent provincial park,
is described in the Schedule and is declared to be a development area.
Privately owned petroleum
4. All privately owned petroleum in the development area described in the Schedule is declared to be undeveloped petroleum.
5. Undeveloped petroleum in the development area described in the Schedule may be dealt with and disposed of by the minister according to the regulations under the Petroleum and Natural Gas Act as if it were Crown petroleum.
6. The Port au Port Peninsula Petroleum and Natural Gas Development Area Order, Newfoundland Regulation 64/95, is repealed.
* Sections of land do not include an area of a park or reserve. Sections only include areas within the application of the Newfoundland and Labrador Petroleum Regulations, as follows, per section 6:
6. These regulations shall apply to those lands and submerged areas within the province that lie landward of the ordinary low water mark along the open coast of the province.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer